1982 Woodworking - 40 years later
In 1982 I was 40 years younger, and had (apparently) about four times the energy that I have today.
Today, Terri opened up the information on 47 H Street, Ephrata Washingington. That's the 900 square foot house we bought in 1978 for $27,000.
I was so pleased to see that my work from 1982 has survived nicely. It has obviously been cared for by the different owners of the home since 1990, when we sold it and moved to Utah. And I have to admit I was more than a little prideful looking at the quality of cabinetry I created then.
I learned much doing upgrades on that house:
- all new insulation
- expanded the kitchen and dining area by removing a closet, a chimney, and a wall
- all new kitchen cabinets
- a nice deck with an attractive grape arbor
- new electrical entrance and panel
- new electric heat
- insulated the garage for use as a shop
- repurposed the old house chimney for a woodstove chimney in the "garage" shop.
- and more!